Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Alexander Wang


















Alexander Wang is an extraordinary designer who describes his customer as a girl who does not let the last size on the rack get in the way of outfitting herself. She is confident with her style and has no set boundaries. She is willing to experiment with whatever piece of clothing that may come her way.
I love how Alexander Wang plays with different proportions in his collections from tight fitted mesh tanks to loose fitting trousers. His fall 2008 collection consists of oversized blazers and the ripped up tights giving the sophisticated look a bit of edge. A girl who wants to dress up in a vest but dresses it down with a beanie cap. I love how he can be inspired by anything including things many would not think possible. For example his spring 2009 collection leaves me in awe. Who would ever think that American football could inspire fashion?! I love how he makes pieces that can be worn for numerous of occasions. The same dress worn in the day can transition into an evening dress paired with the right accessories and shoes. OoOlala and I love how his models have the long hair/side braid which adds the laid back/ sporty vibe.

The two outfits I created can be worn out on a day shopping or at night to a party. If only I actually owned one of these Alexander Wang pieces!



No comments:

Post a Comment